Monday, January 21, 2013

Catching Up

Wow, when you slack one day on blogging, it is harder to come back to it.  So here's a huge catch up post from mid-November til now.

I started a new crossfit box. And I love it. I should have been posting all my times with these WODs.  That's a goal for the new year.  I've attached some photos of our WODs.  We just tested our 1RMs on deadlift, backsquat and strict press.  I'm happy to report I am now part of the 200 club in the back squat.  201# to be exact.  195# on deadlift and 75# on strict press. 








I did run the Turkey Trot in Memphis over Thanksgiving.  And I hit a new PR.  I love hitting all these new PRs last year.  2013 is a whole new year and a year for more PRs.  2012 I ran in 37:39 and in 2011 I ran in 39:11.  That's a win in my book.  However, I haven't ran any in the new year.  I want to set a monthly mileage goal for myself to really get me outside and running.

I've been obsessed with mac and cheese lately.  It's such a great comfort food.  And there are so many ways to make it.  Here's a picture of one of the ones I had while on our New Years trip to Tahoe.





2012 was the year I realized how much I love fitness.  I'm still studying to be a Certified Personal Trainer and I'm loving teaching all of my classes.  I've picked up 2 more classes in January and am just finding a routine with my crazy schedule.  I'm not sure how it happened, but my weeks are really front loaded with classes leaving me with Fridays free. 




I think that's a great catch up post.  I've been a little sick all weekend and have been trying to relax and sleep.  It's harder than it sounds.  Hope everyone is having a Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment