Monday, November 12, 2012

10k for the books

I ran my best 10k on Sunday.  I didn't realize that I hadn't run a 10k since 2007.  I wasn't very healthy in 2007.  I was just starting my journey.  I'm in much better shape today than I was there.

I ran in 54:47.  My last time was 1:17. 

It was a great run event in San Mateo.  I was emailed my results minutes after crossing the finish line. 

The views from Coyote Point in San Mateo are amazing.  And we were so close to the airport that we saw many planes coming and going.  The event had a half marathon, 10k and a 5k.  I was glad to have chosen the 10k.  It's the farthest I've run since my half marathon in August.

I'm quite sore today.  My hamstrings are screaming at me.  I am looking into a massage either Tuesday or Thursday.  It's been way to long.

My next race is on Thanksgiving and it's a 4 miler.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment