Tuesday, February 19, 2013

100th post

This is my 100th post.  I can't believe I'm still posting to even get to 100. 

And today we're talking about crossfit.  I'm currently signed up on a plan to attend 2x a week.  This past week, I had to teach on Friday instead of attending my favorite women's WOD.  So I asked if I could come MWF of this week to make up for missing that one day.  I'm a little nervous about 3x this week, as I haven't done 3x a week for quite some time now.

Even though yesterday was a holiday, there was no resting/slacking/relaxing at crossfit. 

Our WOD was this:

Why yes, that does say 10 burpees with a 25 lb plate.  And yes it was as insane as it sounds.

My backsquats felt heavy but were good.  I went with my 3RM of 185 and did these weights: 135, 155 and 160.  I did calculate my % but for math sake, I always round.  I'm sure that's bad but it's easy :)

My time for the WOD of 3 rounds was 10:27 which I'm quite pleased with.  I wasn't sure how much time it would take for those awful burpees with that extra weight. 

After crossfit, I headed to San Jose to go on a hike with my friend and her dog.  It was a great adventure as we went off trail so he could run around off the leash.  I'm sure we walked anywhere between 3-4 miles.  The first half was all up hill and I only used the dog to guide me up for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment