Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 events

As the year started, I made a goal of running so many miles in a week.  And yet that goal feel at the waist side as I found myself in a break up and finding a place to live. 

The only reasonable thing to do at that point was to sign up for events.  The first was a 10k in April.  Then I found the 5k Drenched in LA in July.  Yes it'll be a fun little road trip. 

Then last night in my stressed and sad state, I registered for the 408k in San Jose in March and the NWM 10k the same weekend.  Yes I'm running a 10k on a Saturday and then a 8k on Sunday.  It'll be a good weekend.

I'm still considering Tough Mudder.  I want to run at least 1 half marathon, maybe 2.  And many more 5ks and 10ks.  This will be my year of running.

I'm hoping once things settle down, I'll be ready to run on a weekly basis.  Right now, I'm biking about 40 - 45 miles a week with spin classes.  I'm doing crossfit 2x a week.  I'm not being lazy, just prioritizing other things. 

I've found an apartment and will be moving this week.  I don't know how long it'll take to move as I have to buy a new bed and get it delivered.  And a couch. 

This list is a list in progress so I'll be updating you as the year goes on.  For now, my first race is March 9th and 10th.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment