Monday, June 10, 2013

See Jane Run Half Marathon recap

I've realized I'm not so good at race recaps and I don't take photos while running the race either.  I did, however, take enough photos to do a photo race recap.

I'm not sure of my official time yet-I've checked and they weren't online yesterday.  It wasn't my best run, though it was my 2nd best.  It was hot out there on Saturday.  And the 8am start time didn't bother me until we started running.  By 9am, I have no idea what the temp was but it slowed me down significantly.  I think I would have done better had the race started an hour or an hour and a half earlier.  This was my 8th half marathon and I learned your body can do anything you put your mind to.  I didn't train as much as I should have.  I do tons of crosstraining-I teach spinning classes and go to crossfit 2x a week.  I need to find a way to add running back into my routine as I don't want to give up running these races.  Running is like nothing else and you should train for running.  My endurance was there-thankfully it helped me cross the finish line.  My first 6 miles were great.  I guess the 10ks and 5ks I'm signed up for will go really well :)

I hope to complete 10 half marathons by my 30th birthday.

And without further ado, here are my photos of See Jane Run Half Marathon.









I have the dreaded running pants tan.  I get it every year.  I need to even this out soon though-I have an event at the end of the month that I need to be in a dress.

1 comment:

  1. I have the running tights tan all year! My friends always mock me. Since I rarely wear shorts I can't get it to even out. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete