Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What was I thinking?

So the other day I posted on my facebook that I needed to sign up for an event to get into training mode and all of the sudden I've got like 4 events and I did 4 miles this morning.

First event is a duathlon, 2 mile run-10 mile bike-2 mile run in March.  I have been running and need to set up my bike trainer in the garage and can start training.


The next event is in May-it's a half marathon. Divas Half Marathon  My coach is doing it and it sounds like a few other derby girls might be interested.


The other event I liked was a 5k color run.  Check out this page.  This event is in July.


And the final event, the only event I have signed up for, is Tough Mudder.  In September in Tahoe. 


Joel and I signed up last night-well I signed us up after talking about it.  It's a little scary but I'm welcoming the challenge to train and complete it.  To kick the course's ass!!!

I know I want to run Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon in December-last year it was at night and am hoping it's at night this year as well. 

My 4 miles today wasn't as tough as I thought it would be.  The toughest part was not listening to myself when I wanted to stop.  I did stop and walk for one minute.  I set my nike app to a distance goal and I didn't quit before the distance said 4 miles.  I'm setting an alarm to run 2 miles in the morning.   This weekend is the Super Bowl and I know we'll have tons of good food so I'm preparing ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment