Monday, July 9, 2012

Bootcamp, here I come!

Today was my first day of training for me to become a bootcamp coach.  I'm learning how they program the workouts and working out myself.  So that means I workout at the 5:30am class and help coach the 6:30am with the same workout.  I am no morning person, so I tried to be in bed early and was not very successful with 11pm.  And my alarm went off at 4:30am and I was less than thrilled.  Though my friend, Total Zero Redbull was a savior before my workout and right after lunch when I started to crash.

Today we focused on sprint intervals, chest, triceps and quads.  We did tons of push ups.  And squats.  I'm sure I'll be a little sore in the AM.

Since my schedule for training isn't normal and I really like AM crossfit workouts, I'm taking the week off from crossfit.  It would be difficult to get there on time for an 8am class as I barely made it home by that time today.  I'm also working out in 4 out of 5 bootcamp classes this week so I think it's okay.

I start programming half classes next week so I've been thinking of some great workouts to do and easy to explain so I can start learning the campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment