Monday, July 16, 2012

Fran

Fran welcomed me back to crossfit this morning.  And boy was it tough. 



Front squat 63.5% x 3, 72.5%x3, 81.5%x3++ (my one rep max is 133lbs on front squat)

"Fran"
21, 15 & 9 reps

Thrusters
Pull-ups


We started with front squats and worked our way through the % there.  Nothing too bad-it felt great to be back.

Fran was, as always, a killer.  I did the rx weight which is 65lbs.  And I used a blue band for the pull ups.  I was exhausted when we finished.  I did it in 8:08.  My last time was 7:36 but with only 53lbs.  My wrist did start to hurt a little into it but I modified my grip each time to not have any pain during the workout.  I can't tell what needs work to actually improve this time but I'll keep working at it.

After crossfit, I went to teach my first programmed half of bootcamp.  I did a HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio and then the core/stretching piece.  It's our Boxing week, so we did high knees, punches and my favorite-shuttle runs.  As we were jogging over to the restitance section, I heard a bootcamper say "I'm sweating in places I've never sweat before."   That's certainly a great compliment to a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment