Thursday, October 25, 2012

A couple of workouts

Last week I only made it to the box once.  And I went on Wednesday morning of this week. 

I can't wait until I'm at a closer to home box so I can actually train consistently and see those results I saw when I first started.

Friday's Workout

We practiced handstands for the first part of the hour.
Our WOD:
4 x 2 minute rounds, 1 minute rest:
10 pull-ups
10 DB push press, then
HSPU or handstand hold for remaining time

I did 10# dbs for the push press and held the handstand the entire time along a wall.  The times of holding the handstand ranged from 45 secs to 30 secs.  My shoulders were sore all weekend.

 Monday I taught a spin class for an hour and then muscle conditioning for 30 mins.  It felt great to be back on the bike.  I need to find more spin classes to teach.

Tuesday I went for a 2 mile run.  I've signed up for a 10k on Nov 11th and then a 4 miler on Turkey day.  Can't wait.

Wednesday was crossfit.

Front Squat
Here are my weights that I squatted
33(bar) 5reps
63 3 reps
83 3 reps
93 2 sets of 2 reps
98 2 sets of 1 rep

4 x 2 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest

10 burpees
20 double-unders
AMRAP pull-ups

I just realized as I typed this out-the time on the workout was the same as last Friday.  Again another reason that I can't wait to train consistently.  I managed 3 pullups, 2 pullups, 3 pullups and 3 pullups.  My double unders aren't there yet so I jumped 4x as many as the double unders.  The box is low on ropes and I would have liked to practice them but I had a really short rope that kept getting caught on my pony tail.

Today I'm planning on a run and Friday I'm back at crossfit.  Excited to have crossfit 2x in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment