Thursday, September 13, 2012

Work it Out

As you can see, I like to post some of the harder workouts on twitter with the hashtag of #workitout.  I know working out and eating a healthy diet is part of keeping a healthy and happy life.

I wasn't scheduled to teach on Wednesday so I signed up for a crossfit workout.  And then I realized our bootcamp was doing a Fit Test on the same day.  I went to crossfit at 7am and then bootcamp at 9am.  I did a double workout in 3 hours.  Needless to say, resting the rest of the day and Thursday is on the books.

WOD at Crossfit-we did deadlifts for the weightlifting part of the workout.
50 burpees
40 kb swings (14kg)
30 pull ups (modified with band)
Time: 10:12

This was brutal.  You know as soon as you get through these burpees everything else can be a piece of cake.  Though for me, pull ups are the hardest for me.  I did the burpess in sets of 10, with no real break during them.  I know once you stop, it's 10x harder to restart again.  The kb swings aren't that bad.  These were tough after all those burpees.  Now the pull ups are tough.  These don't get easier, no matter what I do.  I did them in sets of 5, and tried to increase the set to 6.  And then I would just try to get 3 or 4 in without taking a rest.

I was just so glad to be done with that workout.

Fit Test: there are 2 options, timed mile with timed exercises or the endurance test-10 sets of each: burpees, squats, push ups, and sit ups.  Then a lap around the park-maybe .5 mile.  For the endurance test, you go 2, 3, or 4 times and get your time at the end. 

Had I not done the workout before this, I would have gone 4 times.  On my 3rd lap, I knew I would significantly slow down if I continued.  I finished 3 rounds of the endurance test in 12:02.  Not too bad.  I also hadn't really run much since my half marathon which was a month ago. 

After we did the fit test, we had some stations with hurdles, TRX, jump ropes, tricep push ups and side kicks. 

I was completely spent after these workouts.  I came home and had a Smart Ones breakfast scramble and showered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment