Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Double Mondays!

Usually we have an off skates workout in addition to an hour on skates every Monday.  Our rink is currently resurfacing their floor so we had to take our endurance practice to a gym.  We had lots of choices to pick from : agility ladders, circuit training, cardio room, 2 mile run and swimming for 3 separate sessions.

I chose agility ladders first.  The room felt like a bikram room so that made me sweat right off the bat.  We did lots of hopping and balancing for about 30 minutes.

Next up was circuit training that included jump squats, kettlebell swings, jump lunges, box jumps, mountain climbers, plank, pull up with TRX, sit ups on the balance ball, and burpees.  We went for a minute on with a 15 sec in between to change stations.  We went through the circuit 1.5 times.  Those push ups in the burpee really are tough but so worth it.

Lastly I chose the cardio room to run for 30 minutes.  I started with an interval since I find running on a treadmill incredibly boring.  I start with 1:30 running 8:34 pace, 1 min walking for about 15 mins and then ran 10 mins at an 9:04 pace.  I felt great for running finally.  I haven't really ran for about 3 weeks and with my half marathon coming up in August I need to get moving.

Yay for double workouts on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment