Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's add in some bootcamp

This weekend was long.  Saturday Joel had a sprint tri in Morgan Hill/San Jose and after that I had a bout.  Sunday was spent cleaning out and reorganizing the garage to put a chest freezer in place for our expected quarter of a cow that Joel ordered.  We also got tons of summer shopping done.

Then came Monday morning where I had crossfit and a teaching interview with a bootcamp.

Back squat – 90%x3x10 (123#)
This was heavy.  I made sure to get warm up sets in and breaks in between each set.


AMRAP in 5 minutes
10 burpees
10 Russian kb swings (20 kg)
I haven't done 20 kgs in a while.  And I felt it.  The last 2 times (prior to February) we've done this workout I consistently ended with 4 rounds plus 3 burpees.  And the last time we did it, we had to complete the AMRAP and then do RFT with the completed rounds from the AMRAP.  Thankfully that wasn't the case today.  My 4 rounds exhausted me.  I didn't manage the extra 3 burpees this time.

I'm interviewing with a local bootcamp company and part of the interview was running part of the class this AM.  So from crossfit I went to bootcamp mentally prepared and a little anxious.

The class was only 2 people, which was a little shocking as I was planning for at least 6.  So I showed the main coach how flexible I am and altered our workout for the two that were there.  The main focus for today was arms and shoulders so I did a lot with the dumbbells each bootcamper brings.

Here's a little snippet of the workout I ran today:

Warm up with running, push ups and squats and calf raises
Circuit rotations: single leg db press, lateral raises, bicep curls, standing hammer curl, bicep curl with plie squat and lunge twists
In between each circuit, we did cardio of burpees, squat star jumps, jump rope, high knees jogging and side shuffles. 

I taught for about 30 mins and then the main coach took over and taught the cardio section of bootcamp.  I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how they thought it went :)  *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment