Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I got to go to Crossfit!!!

With my new job as a bootcamp coach, my training has been in the AMs.  And by AM I mean 5:30am and 6:30am and the occasional 9am classes.  And I usually go to crossfit at 8am or 7am if something comes up.  So for the last 3 weeks, I didn't get to go to crossfit 2x a week like I enjoy.

So since my normal teaching class will be only 9am on Mondays, I set my alarm for 6am and headed out the door at 6:30am to head to crossfit.  I was excited and nervous.  Nervous because I slipped and cut my right arch of my foot over the weekend and it is swollen and bruised.  And I hoped there was no jumping involved in the WOD.

Here is what was programmed:
Front squat, follow each working set with 5 box jumps - 61%x5, 70%x3, 79%x5 (83#, 93#, 103#) I skipped the box jumps.

5 x 2 minutes rounds with 30 second rest
Run 200m
10 burpees
AMRAP sledgehammer swings

This was tough.  I didn't jump as high as I usually do on my burpees.  
Round 1: 6 sledgehammer swings (first in from run)
Round 2: 6 sledgehammer swings (2nd in from run)
Round 3: 3 sledgehammer swings (1st in from run)
Round 4: 3 sledgehammer swings (2nd in from run)
Round 5: no sledgehammer swings (1st in from run) 

I was impressed I was able to make it in from the run first or second.  I tried to make sure my running form was the best that it could be.  I have a half marathon coming up on Sunday and with this cut on my foot-I want to be able to still run on Sunday.  There were 3 of us running and another guy on the row machine because he wasn't running.  Overall it was a great workout.  And we ended with a 1 minute plank, 2 sets of 1 minute ab wheel and 1 minute plank with shoulder taps.  

My abs are so sore today though it's a great feeling to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment