Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Friday!

I'm so glad it's Friday.  I feel like this week was long.  Among the normal unpacking and organizing a new place, we had some water issues this week.

On Monday, after Joel took a shower-it didn't drain.  I noticed later that our 2nd tub also had water in it.  We haven't even used this shower yet.  So I knew it was time to call the landlord which I also noticed that our washer was leaking.  So I called Roto Rooter and 4 hours later our shower was working.  He also scheduled an appt with our landlord to take a camera into the pipes as there was some other kind of obstruction.  So they came out on Wednesday to check this out.  Back to the washer, Tuesday night after running all of my errands, I put some jeans in the washer and during the drain and spin cycle, I heard something.  It was blue water coming out of the drain pipe, I stopped the washer and called Joel.  Since the landlord and Roto Rooter were coming on Wednesday, I decided it could wait.  Well after a few hours of the landlord working, there was sheet rock in the pipes for washer and the kitchen.  So by Wednesday at 4pm, I could finally do laundry.  I hope that is the last of our water problems for a while, I just like to know that after a workout I can have a hot shower and that any day of the week I can wash clothes.

Friday is the 2nd crossfit workout of the week.  I'm getting strong!  I love crossfit.  Since I started in August, I can't believe the changes to my body.  I'm the healthiest I've ever been.

And this Friday, I have a massage.  I haven't had a massage since before we left in December to go on Christmas/New Years trip.  More on that trip later.

Joel and I are members of Massage Envy, we pay a monthly fee for a massage a month.  However, if you can't make it one month, the credit rolls over.  Sometimes when things are hectic, I have like 5 credits.  That means I'm not taking care of myself.  And since massages are relaxing, I try to wait until Fridays since Saturday is a rest day and Sunday only has one workout.

This weekend also means we're going bed shopping.  This may not mean much to you, but since we knew we were moving we decided to upgrade from Joel's bed from college.  Yes it's been that long.  However, since we moved within a week and then went out of town for 2 weeks, we decided to bring our old bed so they will move it once we have the new one delivered.  We did go bed shopping prior to moving, so we have an idea of what we want...we just need to decide and purchase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment