Thursday, January 19, 2012

Running

Let me start this by saying, I hate the cold weather.  I feel I'm a little slower outside during the winter than during the warmer months.  Now living in California has made me appreciate warm weather without humidity.

I posted all my race times posted on athlinks.com and realized while I slowly got faster with the distances there were a few in there that I'm thinking-what the hell happened Jamie.

This year, I'm planning to run at least 2 half marathons, one with Aimee and then Las Vegas R&R in December.  I'm also going to do at least one sprint triathlon.  The SF Treasure Island Sprint is a great looped course and it's in July (warm but not too hot) but I haven't seen it updated on the tri-california website.  I'd also love to do at least one 5k and maybe, just maybe, 10k and Bay to Breakers (for the fun-not the running).  I want to have at least one recorded time for a 5k of under 30 mins.  I've been consistently running at sub 10 min miles and by race day I'd like to be sub 9 min miles for a 5k and keep that pace of sub 10 min miles for a half marathon.

If you haven't used athlinks.com yet, I would.  It's a great place to see all your races in one place.  The only negative point, I don't know how to show my relays in here as well.  I've done a relay triathlon 2x and I was the runner.  I'm sure my run wasn't anything spectacular but it'd be nice to have that information along with the others.  These runs were also in TN in May where it's hot and humid.

After rereading this post, I have some lofty plans for 2012 while I'm playing on both the A and B team for my roller derby team.  If this doesn't make for a healthy 2012, I'm not sure what will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment